Sunday, April 08, 2001

Last night - Passover at Sis, Diana's house. Skipped the religious ceremonies as we do not have traditional religious convictions, but joined my sister Di, and Laura's family and my folks afterwards. Everyone looked real well, and in good spirits. Had a real fun time. Especially staying late at Diana's. After Parents and Bergers left, we stayed later, playing chess, and having some good conversations with the David and Marty.

Disturbing news... one of my nephews is doing something that will potentially have an extreme negative impact on the rest of his life. That has been real disturbing to me. How can a parent let his/her son make such a poor, life altering decision? IMHO, they are taking this far too lightly. I know that a person needs to do whats best for himself, but the needs of other family members (esp. ones in crisis) should also be of concern. I wish I had a better relationship with my nephew, I would really like to talk to him about all this, but I know I cannot. The whole family dynamic here is really troubling... but who am I to judge???

No comments: