Sunday, March 11, 2001

Been working this weekend trying to redo my Home Page using more of the CSS style sheets. Web Page development is changing so quickly, and I haven't really kept up. While most of the changes make sense, you can tell the influence of hard core programmers. It takes a real mind shift to understand how to code pages in HTML4.0. And now you have the problem of older browsers that won't understand the new code, and having pages look radically different, or just plain wrong with older software on the client side.

Why am I doing this? My wife things I'm nuts putting this effort into "meaningless" web pages. I just enjoy it, and I learn something that is somewhat valuable in this day and age. It will help me in some way at work as well, even though writing code is not my primary job.

No comments: