Tuesday, July 31, 2001
Sunday, July 29, 2001
Saturday, July 28, 2001
Friday, July 27, 2001
Speaking of music - My mp3 player is way cool! Hopped to a couple of libraries to borrow CD's, rip em to mp3's, so I have plenty of tunes to load up on my player.
Wednesday, July 25, 2001
Got my new mp3 player. Putzed with it and my computer all night, much to the dismay of wifey... with whom I ingored all evening.
Tuesday, July 24, 2001
I am also off to the Doctors today. I have had a cyst of some kind on my stomach that recently has been changing and irritating me. Sure its nothing.
Sunday, July 22, 2001
- Mom & Dad over for lunch (they look great - but tired).
- Bought a beautiful piece of furniture (more on that later).
- Dinner with Amy and Gordon. They are great friends. Good and generous people. Been our best friends for nearly 15 years. Sushi was great... and they picked up the check (thank U gift for coaching the kids in softball). We'll get 'em next time.
- Drove Rach to Providence College for BBall camp. Spoke with Carla Berube (one of our favorite UCONN players and ABL Blizzard too).
- Set up our new hutch (buffet), enclosing all our stereo equipment, CD's, and printer in the living room.
- Ripped a bunch of old Vinyl records to MP3. Need to retire my turntable and records. Weather Report, Shakti, Pat Methany are first to go.
Saturday, July 21, 2001
Thursday, July 19, 2001
Wednesday, July 18, 2001
On the other hand, while this is a story worth reporting it is obviously being blown way out of proportion. FOXNews in particular is just playing this to no end... trying to make another OJ story out of this. Every news cast starts with an opening screen, VANISHED: CHANDRA LEVY, and sound track that has the feel of an afternoon soap opera. Now, they are playing up this incident where a Condit staffer spoke of Chandra's "one night stands". Its bad enough that a staffer made such accusations, but the manner in which Fox News has been exploiting this, makes them (Fox) just as guilty of being slime balls.
Monday, July 16, 2001
Week ahead should be an eventful one. On Tuesday... opportunity knocks... Thursday, MacWorld expo... one of my favorite days of the year.
Saturday, July 14, 2001
David is exceptional. I know I constantly give him a lot of shit, and am awfully critical at times... but this kid is extremely bright, hard working (except school), and has very good judgement. Basically, he is one teenager that has his head screwed on correctly, and for that, I am grateful and proud of him. Love ya Dave!
Oh, yeah... It was an absolute pleasure having Dave and Rach with us for dinner last night. These are great kids with great personalities, that are just fun to have around. Had some good laughs, which is just what was needed.
Thursday, July 12, 2001
Wednesday, July 11, 2001
This year we have many great stories unfolding. Will Bonds break McGuire's HR record? Cal Ripkin... the Ironman, homers in his last All-Star Game. The Red Sox, once again will make a run for the World Series after being denied for nearly 100 years. Great Japanese players like Ichiro are taking the US Major Leagues by storm. Baseball is a game to be savored.
Sunday, July 08, 2001
Spent a few hours doing a minor revision to my home page. Changed the pic, to one of my favorite shots of dave's sillohette in front of the Pollack painting at the MOMA. Any change to my home page is a challenge because I code it entirely by hand to keep it W3C compliant, and to make iCab smile!