Saturday, March 24, 2001

Apple - Mac OS X was released today. I am pretty impressed with the reaction. Advanced sales were huge and new apps are being developed in large numbers. Apples stock got a big bump yesterday. I was reading the press releases by even the "non-Apple" press, and everyone of them praised the OS and what it means to Apple. You MUST read this article from Red Herring.

I was even talking to a Unix geek that worked for an ISP that we use at work. He was psyched about X because of its Unix command line shell and Unix underpinnings. Can you imagine if all those Unix dudes latch on to Macs?

I wasn't planning on buying it... but now I am curious as hell about it. Maybe...just maybe I'll pick it up from Small Dog. Maybe its a good time to buy some Apple stock too.

No comments: