Sunday, September 30, 2001

Visited my sis in Boston yesterday with my family. A somewhat sad visit. Her health has been failing, and it is evident that things will probably not get any better. It was frustrating to see the lack of involvement in her care taking by some of those close to her, but after thinking some more about the situation, perhaps they have all accepted the inevitable, and chose to have my sis, and her family lead a normal life as long as it can last. I will feel more at ease, if a home nurse could be available to look after her often during the day. She is so housebound with so little stimulation. I wish I was closer and could offer more help. My sister does have an odd peace about the whole situation, which is comforting. Perhaps she has transitioned from fighting for her life, to accepting what the future will bring. She has been through so much in the last 3 years.

No comments: