Wednesday, June 13, 2001

OK, the softball season is over, and so is my 5 year career as a coach of U14 girls softball. I have to admit, I feel a sadness and a huge void now that it is over. This year was such a joy for me (and I hope the girls). This last year I was fortunate to have the greatest group of kids to coach. The enthusiasm, joy, dedication, fun, skill, intensity was so evident you could feel it all around you. We placed second in the league with a 9-2 record, beating every team but one. Those 2 games could have gone either way. There is no doubt that we had the best team overall... best hitting, fielding, baserunning. That "other" team had one great pitcher that no one could hit--thats all. By the end of the season, our team was awesome. We won one game by 40 runs, and the last game against one of the better teams 16-4.

Like I said, the end of the season creates an emptiness in my being. The right thing to do is to fill that void with renewed enthusiasm towards my professional life. I will try to place that same energy into my career... whether that means at my present job, or in a search for new opportunities.

No comments: